Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Homeschooling Years

Well, actually I don't remember much about you, Carolyn, during those years--they were somewhat of a blur and I always seemed to be busy presiding or organizing or sorting out problems among members. What I DO remember is when you stepped in to serve as President of our homeschooling group. Actually I'm not sure you stepped in as were shoved unsuspecting into the position. (Had I just stepped down, or did you serve after Mardy?) My memory of the 'how' is a bit fuzzy, but I do remember you being very gracious, confident, competent, and serving the group well during that year. Thank you again for not stringing up those of us who "elected" you. I think I recall that you were away--maybe on a vacation or a trip somewhere--when we appointed you. With friends like us, who needed enemies. Do you remember those mad dashes to sign up into sub-groups? What a time we had, racing to sign our names and get our children into a group that would have stimulating field trips and fun activities. What an improvement it was when they went to the send-in-a-post card method. Ah, yes, those were the good old days....

No comments: