Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Dear Friend Carolyn....

I have a dear dear friend named Carolyn. We met at Faith Church many years ago, and she’s had a special place in my heart ever since. It was Carolyn who suggested that the ladies of Faith meet early each Wednesday morning to pray for our families, church, and each other. What a wonderful time of fellowship and prayer that was! As time went by, it dwindled down to just four of us, then three. Our friendship deepened as we shared each others’ burdens, hopes, and dreams. We celebrated many a birthday breakfast together during those years! Carolyn’s departure for Taos left an enormous hole in our lives, but somehow she was always still there with us in our hearts. We missed her sweet passionate prayers…..her quiet wisdom….her lovely example of a true Godly woman. Nancy reminded me recently of one of Carolyn’s favorite Psalms. I pray that verses 5 - 11 of that Psalm 16 bring Carolyn great comfort in this very difficult time of her life. One of my fondest memories of Carolyn was her reading us Psalm 36:8, 9.

8 They feast on the abundance of your house;
you give them drink from your river of delights.
9 For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light.

“Drink from your river of delights”! My dear friend Carolyn ALWAYS encouraged us to drink from His “river of delights”. I pray that even now, at this very moment, she is drinking heavily from that glorious river of delights……. dipping into the fountain of life ….. and rejoicing in His light.

Thank you for blessing my life so greatly, Carolyn!

No comments: