Monday, July 16, 2007

From Solange

A short note at this difficult time to say how sad and distressed I was to hear Carolyn's news. I was just in Lima last week and we had a class reunion at Augusta Lores' house where we were remembering all the girls in our class that we hadn't seen in a long time. Leslie brought out her school album and she had pictures of everyone that hadn't graduated with us and Carolyn's picture at about age 10 was there. We talked a little bit about her and how after calling her Carolyn for some time she told us her name was really Carol Lynn. Don't know if it's true but I remembered that detail. Please let her know that my thoughts and prayers are with her and that I know that all the girls in the class are thinking of her also. Lots of love and hugs to you. Wish I could do something to give you strength too.
Solange

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carolyn,
I laughed (and cried) when reading all the notes to you. i am so happy your friends had a part in your life.

Jennifer's story of the "famous family motto" reminds me of the time your mother was in Eugene. She, Patti (9 years old?) and you (7 years old?) came to see me.

After a couple of hours visiting Patti and you were getting very restless, began to fidgit and wanted to go. Your mother looked at both of you and said "you were raised a lady so act like a lady".

No one was more surprised than I, for dad (grandpa Hartford) always told us that as we grew up and we HATED IT!

I said to your mother, at the time, we hated it. She smiled and said "I know, but it works".

Thanks Carolyn in starting your family motto. Dad's words never leave my thoughts and now as Jennifer says your words are continuing.

Thanks for coming to Portland the summer of 2006. Marcia and I will remember our time with you as a treasure.
Love you,
Aunt Bonnie