Monday, July 23, 2007

One of Carolyn's Favorite Verses

One of Carolyn's favorite Bible verses is Psalm 16:6. Here is the previous verse and vs.6:

The Lord is my chosen portion
and my cup;
you hold my lot.
The lines have fallen for me in
pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful
inheritance.

What a glorious woman she is. When I first met her I though her constant hopefulness and cheer a bit of a weakness. I am ashamed and embarassed to admit that.God has since greatly convicted me, a terrible pessimist, that it is actually her greatest strength. Her hope was rightly confined by the truth of God and she expected blessings from God, her Father. God knows how to give good gifts to his children and loves when they know and expect that from Him. Carolyn knew and received great gifts from him and continued to thank Him for that even yesterday as she lays close to death.

No comments: